Sunday, July 25, 2010

1:50 pm

My brother and I went hiking the other day. Of course I brought my camera along, my heavier camera at that. (I miss the d40, that camera was so light you didn't know it was there.) What's funny is I took this photo 15 minutes into the hike, and then didn't really take anymore pictures. Even though we hiked 8 miles and took roughly 4 hours to cover it. 3 hours going up and 1 going down. Goes to show the effect gravity has on us all.

I wanted to give the water a flowing effect, so I set the shutter to speed to 1 second. My tripod wasn't handy, and I didn't want to risk a slower setting. All too often photos will look great till you get home and see how much your hand wobbled as you took the shot. That was not going to happen this time. To compensate I increased the aperture and fired away. What you see below is what I got.


rushing water

Mountain stream

No comments:

Post a Comment